A photo of a mother and her son dying on a hospital bed is going viral. Sherri Kent shares on her social media account of Facebook a heartbreaking image of her son helplessly lying in his hospital bed. Her entire body is wrapped around his while he is connected to several life support tubes. Sherri is sharing her story and wants to open innocent victim’s eyes to the dangers of the opioid crisis.
A normal Canadian family, Sherri wants to raise awareness to the entire world that overdosing can happen to anyone, anywhere. She wants families to know that you don’t have to be an addict to die from drugs. A simple mistake or wrong decision can lead to overdosing. In her son’s case, she wants people to be aware that he was not an addict. He however, simply made the wrong decision which ended up costing his life.
Spreading Her Message World Wide
She expresses that her son was not an addict and that he met someone who offered him heroin. Sherri claimed that at first, he denied the request, but then later found himself running in to the same man outside of Vancouver, Canada. They then went to a nearby bathroom to use the drug. She further explained that her son was left on the bathroom floor by the man who gave him the heroin that was laced with fentanyl.
Her son was later found in the bathroom with purple lips and immediately rushed to the hospital, which eventually ended up passing away from the overdose. Sherri wants people to be aware that this epidemic can happen to anyone and is killing about 5-7 people a day in each city of Canada. She knows that it’s not just Canada that has the problem. She wants parents, children, teens, adults to be aware of the epidemic and how quickly it can take away your loved one.
Help Sherri Raise Awareness
Sherri’s heartbreaking story has reached many people across the world. Her son Michael, was an innocent victim who got caught up in the wrong scene. It has cost him his life by taking a hit of heroin laced with fentanol. Fentanol is the number one killer in Canada. Her son was then taken off life support on March 21, 2017 once doctors informed her there was no way her son could ever recover.
A message from Sherri:
Take Part in Raising Awareness
Sherri has received an abundant amount of support from family members and strangers who have experienced or encountered the same situation. She knows her message to other families is going viral and her goal is to raise awareness on how this epidemic can take anyone’s life who decides to touch anything that can be snorted or injected. You can show your support and help raise awareness by sharing this post and talking to your family members.
By: Jennifer T.