The principle of any quality treatment facility is that it should tailor it’s treatment methods to match an individuals needs, this is no different for a practicing Christian. A Christian rehab program offers something that its secular counterpart doesn’t. While helping you recover from addiction is the main objective, it moves towards this goal by supporting spiritual recovery and growth.
A Christian sees a human being as more than merely a body; it is a living creation endowed with a soul, accountable to his neighbors and to God. The clarity and health of its conscience surpasses corporal ailments. Advocates of Christian drug rehabilitation believe that without faith, treatment and recovery cannot be fully completed.
Another extra in Christian rehab is that there are lots of denominational options. This means that you can find a facility or program that aligns with your particular denominational requirements—a place where you can truly feel at home while beating your addiction.
Some Standard Approaches In Christian Rehab
Like in other alcohol and drug rehab programs, Christian rehab programs use some standard treatment approaches like:
- Outpatient – The focus here meeting and addressing the most immediate and critical needs like detoxification and crisis counseling. These programs are often fairly loosely structured and address psychological dependence while working on relapse prevention.
- Inpatient – Inpatient programs are longer (sometimes up to several weeks) and more comprehensive than outpatient programs and offer more scope for patients to learn coping skills.
- Traditional – A good example is a 12-step program like Alcoholics Anonymous, which also promotes reliance on a Higher Power.
- Holistic – Holistic programs incorporate elements of the 12-step approach, but also include alternative treatment methods such as acupuncture, massage, and meditation.
- Local – Local treatment facilities offer treatment in familiar surroundings with family and a support network nearby and readily accessible.
- Remote – A remote facility offers the advantage of geographical distance to support a patient’s distancing himself or herself from an addictive lifestyle. The vacation-like aspect often encourages relaxation and recovery.
At Step One Rehab, we know that there is no one-size fits all approach towards a successful recovery. Our mission is to place you in the best rehab center tailored to your needs. That is the key towards a lifetime of recovery.